Poppy Seed ball Wildflower Tin
A tin of seed balls bursting with beautiful native common poppy seeds (Papaver rhoeas).
These seed balls contain wildflower seeds for you to throw and grow in your garden!
These tiny seed bombs are:
- A simple way to grow wildflowers from seed.
- Clay ball (plus added chili) naturally protects seed from predators.
- Easy to use - no need to 'plant', just scatter on top of soil or compost.
- Great for bees and butterflies.
- Ideal for garden beds and planting pots.
- Each tin contains 20 seed balls.
- Each seed ball contains approximately 200 poppy seeds.
- As a guide at least twenty seed balls per square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 - 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
- For best results, scatter in the autumn. Flowers June-August.
The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds). When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate - helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the balls. The chilli powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
Seed balls will work well in most environments (as long as the seed is well suited to the local climate and soil conditions) and they'll work as well in planting pots as in garden beds.
All seed is responsibly sourced in the UK from Flora Locale accredited suppliers,only peat-free compost is used and the steel tins are manufactured in London (with the help of a solar farm on the factory roof).