Tea mix Seed ball Wildflower Tin
Tea mix seed ball - A collection of wildflower and herbal tea plants that taste great alone or as an infusion of flavours together.
These miniature seed bombs are:
- A simple way to grow from seed.
- Clay ball (plus added chilli) naturally protects seed from predators, such as ants, birds and slugs.
- Easy to use - no need to 'plant', just scatter on top of soil or compost.
- Ideal for garden beds, planting pots and window boxes.
- Each tin contains 20 seed balls.
- Each seed ball contains approximately 100 Tea Mix seeds.
- As a guide at least twenty seed balls per square meter is recommended for a garden, or 3 - 5 seed balls for a small to medium sized pot.
- Can be scattered spring through to the end of summer.
- Leaving some plants to flower will provide tasty food for bees and butterflies too.
|Chamomile, Anthemis austriaca|
|Anise, Pimpinella anisum|
|Mint, Mentha rotundifolia|
Seed balls are a great technique for growing seed in a more simple and effective way.
The dried clay acts as a protective casing from common seed predators (such as ants, mice and birds). When sufficient rain permeates the clay, the seeds inside begin to germinate - helped along by the nutrients and minerals contained within the balls. The chilli powder continues to deter predators while the seed ball slowly degrades and the seeds sprout.
Seed balls will work well in most environments (as long as the seed is well suited to the local climate and soil conditions) and they'll work as well in planting pots as in garden beds.
All seed is responsibly sourced in the UK from Flora Locale accredited suppliers,only peat-free compost is used and the steel tins are manufactured in London (with the help of a solar farm on the factory roof).